Friday 17 July 2009

You get what you pay for


I hate it when things don't live up to your expectations. Last night we tried out the Moorend Spout in Nailsea, as it came highly recommended by my good friend Penny.


There was absolutely nothing on the great looking menu that I wouldn't be happy to eat, but I finally opted for the Steak and Ale Pie from the "Two for £7.99" menu. It looked great when it arrived, but unfortunaly didn't live up to its looks. Having obviously been reheated in the oven for way too long, the crust was impossibly hard and the edges of the meat were hard and unappetising. The filling itself was tasty with a nice gravy, and the chips were good.




The dessert menu looked equally tempting, with Chocolate and Brandy Mousse being my favourite. It is also something that my mother would be able to eat, so we asked the waitress to reserve us a couple. Just as well we did, because it was the last two they had, so she quickly scribbed N/A against the entry on the blackboard menu.


When it came to ordering the desserts, my dad had obviously missed the lengthy conversation about the last two chocolate mousses and the kerfuffle with the menu, as he wanted a chocolate mousse too. I did the charitable thing and let him have the last one and ordered a mandarin cheescake instead. Just as well. The mousse was a disgrace! It wad the consistency of jelly and tasted of.....absolutely nothing. What a real disappointment!
Chocolate and Brandy Mousse

The old adage is as true as ever: YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

No comments:

Post a Comment